Private Client Manager
Working as part of a world class team at Metis Ireland, our Private Client Managers work with clients to provide a long-term financial plan that allows them to realise their dreams, goals, and aspirations.
Our Private Clients Managers main focus is to foster and nurture new and existing client relationships, providing world class financial planning service at all times in line with our mission and vision.
This role will initially be on a six-month contract basis with a view to becoming a permanent role. We are hiring for three Private Client Managers.
Read on for the full job specifications and details on how to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 14 JULY 2023
Position: Private Client Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Positions Available: 3
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary and Bonus Structure
Reporting to: Managing Director
• Maternity and Paternity leave benefits
• Flexible working policy
• Loyalty service leave
• Pension contributions
• Life cover and permanent health insurance
• Membership and exam fees
• Employee assistance programme
The Role: Duties & Responsibilities
• Generate new business development opportunities, converting prospects into clients in line with set targets and KPIs.
• Manage portfolio of existing clients in line with our service levels.
• Meet clients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, or other information needed to develop a financial plan.
• Explain to clients Metis Ireland’s responsibilities and the types of services to be provided.
• Answer clients’ questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies.
• Analyse financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives.
• Recommend to clients, strategies in cash management, insurance coverage, investment planning, or other areas to help them achieve their financial goals.
• Present the Metis LifePlan to clients.
• Manage client portfolios, keeping client plans up to date.
• Review clients’ accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes, environmental concerns, or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment.
• Contact clients periodically to determine any changes in their financial status.
• Prepare or interpret for clients information, such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, or income projections.
• Guide clients in the gathering of information.
• Meet with clients’ other advisors, such as solicitors, accountants, tax advisors, to fully understand clients’ financial goals and circumstances.
• Maintain excellent relationships with all clients
• Ensure all advice provided is in line with a strict ethical and compliance framework and carried out in accordance with the regulator.
• Attend functions and events to build and expand professional relationships, at all times promoting Metis Ireland.
• Keep up to date with developments in the financial services industry, ensuring the continuous development of your financial and technical expertise.
• Provide regular updates to the MD.
• Engage with strategies in order to improve business processes and client relationships.
• Involvement with internal committees and ad hoc project work
• Attend staff and training meetings when necessary.
• In depth technical knowledge and understanding of financial planning.
• Knowledge of and adherence to Compliance Standards (CPD, MCC and F&P).
• Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Cash Flow Modelling Software (Voyant), CRM systems (Tishkint), electronic diary management, Zoom (or similar).
• Customer and personal service experience; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• English language; knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Clerical; knowledge of administrative procedures and systems, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills; analysing information provided by clients and evaluating required results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships; encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperative working relationships with clients and co-workers, and maintaining them over time.
• Analyse data or information and identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Develop and establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Organising, planning, and prioritising work; developing specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish your work.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent questioning and listening skills and social perceptiveness to understand the needs and goals of the client.
• Excellent communication skills to provide consultation and advice, conveying information as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Interpret the meaning of information for others, translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
• Thinking creatively; share ideas and innovations which could improve business processes and client relationships.
• Documenting/Recording information; entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form as per company procedures.
• Performing administrative activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
• 5+ years in financial services (essential)
• 2+ years in advisory role (essential)
• 2+ years cash flow planning (desirable)
• QFA (essential)
• CFP (desirable)
• Degree (desirable)
• Up to date CPD in line with qualifications and regulatory requirements
• Membership of LIA or IOB
Not sure you meet all the qualifications?
Let us decide!
Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs that they are perfectly qualified to do, as they are more likely to underestimate their own abilities and suitability.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every single box.
Metis Ireland is one of Ireland’s leading Financial Planning firms. We put our clients and their families at the heart of everything we do and help them achieve their dreams, goals and aspirations. We aim to give all of our clients world-class service and to continue to innovate in the financial planning space. We know full well that we need a world-class team in order to do this.
If you want to be part of a team of expert financial planners and want help make a difference in what you do every day by helping families achieve their goals and make better decisions, then we want you on our team.