Financial Planning Executive/Associate | Limerick
Working as part of a world class team at Metis Ireland, our financial planners work with our private client managers to provide clients with a long-term financial plan that allows them to realise their dreams, goals and aspirations. Our financial planners provide world class financial planning service at all times in line with our mission and vision.
This role will initially be on a six-month contract basis with a view to becoming a permanent role. We are hiring for a Financial Planner in Limerick.
Read on for the full job specifications and details on how to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 30 JUNE 2023
Position: Financial Planning Executive/Associate
Position Type: Full-Time
Positions Available: 1 in Limerick
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary and Bonus Structure
Reporting to: Head of Financial Planning
• Maternity and Paternity leave benefits
• Flexible working policy
• Loyalty service leave
• Pension contributions
• Life cover and permanent health insurance
• Membership and exam fees
• Employee assistance programme
The Role: Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyse financial and personal information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives
• Building long term holistic financial plans for our clients and their families
• Presenting plans alongside private client managers to clients
• Preparing written recommendations and statements of suitability in line with the Metis Ireland house view
• Gathering information: observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
• Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships — developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
• Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards — using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and standards
• Answer clients’ questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies
• Review clients’ accounts and plans regularly to determine whether life changes, economic changes, environmental concerns, or financial performance indicate a need for plan reassessment
• Manage client portfolios, keeping client plans up-to-date
• Prepare or interpret for client’s information such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, or income projections
• Investigate available investment opportunities to determine compatibility with client financial plans
• Maintain excellent relationships with all clients
• Ensure all advice provided is in line with a strict ethical and compliance framework and carried out in accordance with the regulator
• Attend functions and events to build and expand professional relationships, at all times promoting Metis Ireland
• Keep up to date with developments in the financial services industry, ensuring the continuous development of your financial and technical expertise
• Work with colleagues in a Pod system to ensure work is completed in line with service levels and clients are kept up to date at all times
• Provide regular updates to private client managers and head of financial planning
• Engage with strategies in order to improve business processes and client relationships
• Involvement with internal committees
• Involvement, development and leading project work
• Attend staff and training meetings when necessary
• Any other Ad-Hoc duties as assigned
• In depth technical knowledge and understanding of financial planning
• Knowledge of and adherence to Compliance Standards (CPD, MCC and F&P)
• Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Cash Flow Modelling Software (Voyant, preferred but not essential), CRM systems (Tishkint, preferred but not essential)
• Customer and personal service experience; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• English language; knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
• Clerical; knowledge of administrative procedures and systems, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
• Integrity — being honest and ethical
• Dependability — reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations
• Attention to detail — being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
• Concern for others — sensitivity to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
• Persistence — in the face of obstacles
• Analytical thinking — analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems
• Achievement/Effort — establishing and maintaining goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
• Initiative — willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• Adaptability/Flexibility — be open to change and to variety in the workplace
• Thinking creatively; share ideas and innovations which could improve business processes and client relationships
• Documenting/Recording information; entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form as per company procedures
• Performing administrative activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
• 2+ years in a similar role
• Membership of LIA or IOB
• Up to date CPD in line with qualifications and regulatory requirements
Not sure you meet all the qualifications?
Let us decide!
Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs that they are perfectly qualified to do, as they are more likely to underestimate their own abilities and suitability.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every single box.
Metis Ireland is one of Ireland’s leading Financial Planning firms. We put our clients and their families at the heart of everything we do and help them achieve their dreams, goals and aspirations. We aim to give all of our clients world-class service and to continue to innovate in the financial planning space. We know full well that we need a world-class team in order to do this.
If you want to be part of a team of expert financial planners and want help make a difference in what you do every day by helping families achieve their goals and make better decisions, then we want you on our team.
Ready to apply?
Please submit your CV and cover letter on our application form, which you can access via the button below.