Office Manager | Limerick
You will be the first point of contact with clients and suppliers and will be the face of Metis Ireland. You will work closely with the whole team managing the running of the office and assisting with administration.
This role will initially be on a six-month contract basis with a view to becoming a permanent role.
Read on for the full job specifications and details on how to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 30 JUNE 2023
Position: Office Manager
Location(s): Limerick. Note that this role is fully office-based and won’t have the option of remote working.
Position Type: Full-Time / Part-Time
Positions Available: 1
Salary: Competitive Basic Salary and Bonus Structure
Reporting to: Head of Operations
• Maternity and Paternity leave benefits
• Flexible working policy
• Loyalty service leave
• Pension contributions
• Life cover and permanent health insurance
• Membership and exam fees
• Employee assistance programme
The Role: Duties & Responsibilities
• Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining files, processing paperwork, updating records, sending information, materials or documentation
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and organise outgoing mail
• Receive payments or fees and issue receipts
• Prepare business correspondence
• Maintain and order supplies
• Maintain reception and boardrooms
• Arranging travel and hotel bookings
• Assist with marketing and event planning
• Managing Diaries – contacting clients, scheduling appointments and managing boardroom reservations
• First point of contact – answering phones, directing calls or assisting clients with queries
• First point of contact – welcoming clients, visitors and suppliers, determining nature and purpose of visit, guiding them to specific destinations or assisting with queries
• Communicating with persons outside organisation —representing the organisation in person, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or social media
• Communicating with persons inside organisation — providing information to and assisting the team with queries, tasks and projects
• Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships — developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time
• Organising, planning, and prioritising work — developing specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish your work
• Making decisions and solving problems — analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
• Updating and using relevant knowledge — keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job
• Any other Ad-Hoc duties as assigned
• 2+ years’ experience in similar role
• Functional use of Microsoft applications
• Familiarity with CRM systems
• Customer and Personal Service experience; knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• English Language; knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
• Clerical; knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
• Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure
• Stress Tolerance — Job requires dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Independence — Job requires guiding oneself with little or no supervision and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Social Orientation — Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Not sure you meet all the qualifications?
Let us decide!
Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs that they are perfectly qualified to do, as they are more likely to underestimate their own abilities and suitability.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every single box.
Metis Ireland is one of Ireland’s leading Financial Planning firms. We put our clients and their families at the heart of everything we do and help them achieve their dreams, goals and aspirations. We aim to give all of our clients world-class service and to continue to innovate in the financial planning space. We know full well that we need a world-class team in order to do this.
If you want to be part of a team of expert financial planners and want help make a difference in what you do every day by helping families achieve their goals and make better decisions, then we want you on our team.
Ready to apply?
Please submit your CV and cover letter on our application form, which you can access via the button below.